Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trying Something a Little New


#1 and #2 Done!!
I attend a quilt group at my church called "Sisters in Stiches." It's a great place for getting to know each other and learn from one another. Lately, we've started a block of the month based on the bible block designs from way back when. I have to admit, I've been very reluctant to start because I just HATED the designs!! They seemed frumpy and old fashioned to me.

Block #3 in progress

I've put it off and put it off. Today, I decided I really ought to participate. The kicker was I didn't want to spend much money on the project. So, I got some cheap plain black, white, and grey. To my surprise, I'm liking the designs more. I feel like I'm doing a "minimalists/ modern" spin on very traditional designs. Now that I've started, I'm excited to try more of these blocks and make them my own!

Have you ever been reluctant to start a project only to find you liked it?


By Cassie Grace

No comments: