Friday, February 10, 2012

Customer Spotlight: Dian Sierra



Our customers are the best! Ya'll are always bringing in interesting and cool creations. Dian came in for a class and her interesting hair piece caught my eye. It turns out she has an Etsy Shop! She sells more of these flower head pieces and totally cute aprons with fabric from Valli & Kim! But I was also curious about her process...

What do you do with the fabric when you get home?

When I get home with my fabric, I ooh and ahh over it again and put it up with the rest of my fabric. I am a self admitted fabric hoarder (not like the scary tv show), but I love putting lots of patterns together anytime I work on a project, so it's great to have a bit of selection on hand.

Tell me about your shop. 

Hey Muchacha is an eclectic mix of things I make and love. I decided a while ago I could not be put in a box as a sewer, or painter, crafter, a glitter aficionado (I love me some glitter), or artist. I love to experiment with all and take my big fat perfectionist work ethic with me on everything I try to do. "Handmade Pretties to Tickle your Fancy" is my business slogan and I keep it in mind with everything I make. If I squeal out of excitement when a project is coming together, I know I have something good!

Any current projects your excited about?

Yes!!! Color color color! Spring and summer are my favorite times of the year, so I am working on bright happy accessories. I am also working on pushing my funky meter up. I love to dress up, and having that certain something that takes your outfit to the next level. Just like a cherry on top... A funky glittered cherry!

If you'd like to see a more in her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/heymuchacha


Please keep bringing in your awesome projects people! We love to brag about you! 

By Cassie Grace

No comments: