…at least for me.
1. I know they have a great selection of FABRIC. I don't know about you guys, but I can literally feel the difference between Valli & Kim's fabrics as opposed to cheaper stuff at a craft store. I know that what I make is going to stand up to the test of time (or kids). Not to mention fabulous colors and modern patterns!
2. Guterman THREAD. It's a weird obsession, I know. But Coats & Clarks at Walmart just gums up my machine. Yeah, I know you guys are just nodding in agreement with me at home! But they have other notions as well, scissors, embroidery thread, needles and so on. I just don't need to make a second trip some where else. Its all there!
3. A sense of COMMUNITY. When I first moved to Texas, I didn't know anybody. When I walked into the store, I was instantly embraced liked an old friend. I had felt isolated being new in town, but both Valli and Kim befriended me. They asked me about my project and let me blab on and on. A big grin and hug were just what I needed!
4. Opportunity to LEARN. I love how many classes they have ALL the time! For beginners and for more experienced gals. It very low key and fun to get to know other ladies who share my obsession with fabric. I've been sewing for about 3 or 4 years, but there is so much more to learn. Kim is a real pro at quilting, so I know I can ask her anything and Valli has a great knack for matching unexpected fabric.
5. I get so INSPIRED when I walk in. Don't you? There is so much to look at! Quilts hanging from the rafters, totes bunched together like flowers beds, and notions displayed like jewels. I get so jazzed to start creating, it's hard not to take the whole store home with me!
I was a goner once I walked in the door, even after the 30 minute drive. After my first trip to Valli & Kim's, I knew I was going to be a lifetime customer. I wonder if it's that Texas hospitality that gets ya….
Written By Cassie Grace
Why do you keep coming back to Valli & Kim?