Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To Boldly go....

You may have been wondering what the unplanned hiatus was all about...well.. I've been sick. The kind of sick that comes from a baby the size of a fingernail (how can something so small make me so tired!!??). Getting pregnant was a bit of a surprise, but also... not. Anyway....
by Julie B.

This  baby business has opened up a whole new world of sewing for me. My mom is giddy to get on the maternity clothes train. I've actually been wanting to get into making a couple of short quiet books. I know the kid probably won't use them for a while, but I can help other mom's out at church when her little ones are being squirrelly . Quiet books are great for church, weddings, funerals and any other event where kids need to be occupied quietly. I've come across a blogger who sells the patterns for a "Star Trek" and a "Star Wars" themed quiet book, which makes my little scifi heart pitter-patter.

http://juliegillrie.blogspot.com/my-star-trek-quiet-book.html



I just thought you kids might like to know that Valli & Kim sell a lot of the supplies you might need for a project like this: snaps, zippers, ribbons, buttons and elastic. I just bought my snaps last week. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to go with a pattern or make it up myself.... We shall see.

By Cassie Grace

No comments: